Feb 13, 2011

Soft Neutral Valentines Look & Tutorial

This is a late post on Valentine's Day makeup. I figure that since most makeup look are with pinks and purples, I will be doing something different. You don't have to look very dramatic on a Valentines date because guys love seeing girls with neutral look. This looks is using only browns. I keep everything simple so even a makeup beginner will know how to do it. Let's get started!

The Finish Look

These are the products used for this makeup look. I forgot to take a picture of the concealer and eye shadow primer, but you can use any concealer and primer you want to cover up any under eye circle, redness, or darkness in your face. Since this is a simple Valentines date look, no foundation is needed because we want to keep things minimum on face.

After the eye shadow primer, put the 3rd color in the elf Shimmer Palette, which is a champagne color, all over the lid. Then use the 2nd color, which is a peachy color, apply it to the cheekbone and bridge of nose for highlight.

For the eye shadow, I am going to use Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in 40 Chocolate Mousse. Apply the lid color all over the lid. Then pat in the crease color(2nd color) on the outer V of your eye and blend. For the bottom line, apply the lid color to 2/3 of the eye.
 I didn't take a photo of the eyeliner but all of you might know, I am using my favorite Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black Brown for my upper lash line and bottom lash line. Remember to only draw 2/3 of the way for the bottom lash line. After drawing the eyeliner, smudge it using the eyeshadow tip from the eyeshadow trio above.

As you can see in the second picture, where I took a photo of the products I used together, you can see a blush. I used the Revlon Powder Blush in 13 Love That Pink on my cheek.

For the lip, I used a new lipstick that I bought online in a Chinese website. The lipstick is called Tutu Lipstick #14. This is a very pretty neutral pink color.
 

Closeup look of my eye


I did concealer on that acne spot because I want it to heal first. If you get annoyed by that, just skip this post.

I hope you like this makeup look for Valentine's Day. The circle lens is the GEO XCK-105. Happy early Valentine's Day to everyone since I don't think I will be posting tomorrow because of a mini getaway trip with Mr. L. 

Remember to enter My Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...