Dec 14, 2010

Holidays Simple Smoky Eye Tutorial

Since I haven't done a party makeup look before, I guess I will be doing a tutorial today. I had told you guys before, I am still a newbie to this whole makeup thing, so if there are things I can improve on, please tell me. The eyeshadow palette I am using to create this look is the one I mention on my previous post that only cost $0.99 at Walgreen. The pigmentation are nice. I love it and hope you guys enjoy this tutorial.



1. First, I prime my face with the e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer. Then I apply Seimee Jojoba Moisturizing BB Cream all over my face. After that, I use my finger to dab some of my new Cinema Secrets Concealer for my dark under eye circle. Lastly, I use e.l.f. Complexion Perfection Powder to set my face.

2. When I am done with my base, I applied the e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer to my eyelid so my eyeshadow would stay on longer.


3. I use Revlon Colorstay Eye Crayon in Brown Black all over my eyelid as the base shadow for that smoky look. Remember to wing it out a little when you reach the outer corner.


4. Using an eyeshadow brush, dab some dark gray color in the Profusion eyeshadow palette and put it all over the top of the black brown base we created on Step 3.


5. Use a blending brush to blend the lighter gray shown above, on the crease of the eye. Now you created a lighter shadow for the smoky eye look.


6. With that same blending brush, blend some dark grayish purple into the outer corner of the eyes.

7. Now, use a black eyeliner to line both of your eye. Don't forget to line the bottom too. Draw the eyeliner all over your eye creating a black frame. The eyeliner I am using is UD 24/7 in Zero.

8. Use a blending brush to blend in all harsh line.


9. Last part of the eyeshadow is a gold color. I used a eyeshadow brush and dab some gold color on the center of my lid. Remember to just gently pat it on. It will now turn into a metallic gold color.

9. If you like to create a more dramatic look than me, you can use false lashes but I just use Maybelline Falsie Mascara for the look. Of course, before putting on mascara, do remember to curl your lashes!


10. Since the main focus is on the eyes, I used a soft pink blush. The blush I use is e.l.f. Natural Radiance Blusher in Shy. I use my finger and dab some on my apple cheek and blend it all out.


11. As for lip, I don't want to take away the focus of the eye, so I use a nice nude color. If your lip is more red and bright, use a concealer to cover it. If not, just put on the lipstick. The lipstick I used for this look is NYX Round Lipstick in Honey.

TIPS: If you have parts you mess up on your eyes, just use a cotton swab or Q-tip to fix it!

Here is the finish look below. You might see some redness above my eyelid, that's because that part on both eyes has some allergy. You can just ignore it.
 

 


Face
-e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer
-Seimee Jojoba Moisturizing BB Cream
-e.l.f. Complexion Perfection
-e.l.f. Natural Radiance Blusher in Shy
Eyes
-Cinema Secrets Concealer in Kit #1
-Profusion Colour Me Glow 12 Shades Eyeshadow
-Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black Brown
-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
-Maybelline the Falsies in Very Black 

Lip
-eos Lip Balm in Sweet Mint
-NYX Round Lipstick in Honey

Hope you all like this Holidays Simple Smokey Eye Look. I will post more tutorials soon if you like this one.

4 comments:

  1. nice blog check out my blog
    http://chelsea-killer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your face is soo cute !! its like anime drawings . ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chole: wow, that's the first time I heard someone said that about me~Thanks a lot:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...